Sunday 26 April 2015

Auditions Auditions

Hello!! GAHH this was a stressful week!! I got a reply from NAFA saying that I CAN apply for the Diploma!! That made me crazy happy!!! I actually stopped my daily 10km runs so that I would not injure myself  (HAHA)!!! They said that my Audition is on Saturday which, at that time, was only 2 days away. And the worst part is, I had to memorize an entire Monologue by then!! And by "worst" I actually mean intense but super fun at the same time! I chose a Monologue from the local Play "Off Center" by Haresh Sharma. To be honest, I was worrying most of the time. I was just so afraid that I would screw this up!! But thankfully, I have amazing people around me who are very supportive and helpful! (You know who you are)

Soon the day came! When I got there, I met this other guy who was going to audition too. He asked what piece I was doing and I told him "Off Center". He immediately said "Oh..It is very risky to do that. Don't you think so? Since it is showing now?". WOW. I had no idea how to respond to that. Was he really asking a question or just trying to get me out of my comfort zone just like those reality TV shows. Hmm... Not working Boy!

I thought that there was going to be a lot of people going for the audition. Like maybe 10+. But guess what, there were only 4 of us!! The registration women came and told us that the "judges" wont be conducting the 3 workshops (we were supposed to go for the workshops on Movement, Voice and Acting) and that we will be doing our Monologue pieces straight away!

We made our way up to the studio (outside) and no one was there yet. Then some Hong Kong / Korean / China / Taiwan (They all look the same I'm very sorry) came and invited us to enter the studio. He turned out to be the Dean for Theatre in NAFA. Then this other guy came in. He is the "Head of Acting Dept" I think. He was really nice. He told us that he knows how we are feeling and that he is always nervous at auditions too. And to quote "I know that I look like Simon Cowell but trust me, I am very very nice". And that's 100% true! Then this lady came in and started chatting and laughing with us. She is the "Head of Voice Dept". She was really nice and calm and motherly too!!

They then invited us to wait / practice outside while they call us in one at a time to deliver our monologues and do some improvisations before an informal interview. (I was told that I will be going last). The girl who was going to go in right before me said that she only received the Monologues yesterday! When she entered, she told the judges about her only having the monologues yesterday and they told her to come back another day. The Simon Cowell guy came and asked me when I received it and I said Thursday. He then asked if I was ready because they normally give the students a long time to prepare. But I said I was ready as, well, I thought I was!

AND IT WENT SO WELL!!!!!!!!! They were impressed with what I delivered despite the fact that I only had a short amount of time to prepare!! GAH it felt so good!! Everything went well and I could't be happier!! Well, lets hope it goes both ways.. ):)

Now.. I really hope I get it!! This is probably the closest I've got to actually entering an Arts College to study what I love!! Gonna keep praying and keep believing! I really wanna thank God for making this possible. For giving me a chance. Well, even if I don't get it, I am still very happy that I got the chance and got That Far. But lets all hope that that doesn't happen. 

Moving on from that, I brought my dog to the Vet this afternoon as he had a few red patches on his body and started scratching his ears (Bled a little) (The tip of his ears. Not internal). According to the Doctor, he is probably allergic to something. It is probably to the Shampoo the Groomers used (He went for grooming on Thursday and he started scratching after that day). Also, he has a slight yeast infection on his ears (common). He has medicine and some liquid ear drop thing for the infection. I hope that he will get well soon!! Seeing him scratch so much makes me sad. :( But he is so cooperative in taking the medicines! Well except the Ear drop thing. He hates that! Pray for him kay!!!! Thank You!!

Well that probably sums up this week!! I am dead tired but so egggcited at the same time!!! Shall start running again tomorrow!!

Have a good week ahead! God Bless!!

-Rinoooo AKA Sweeneyy

No comments:

Post a Comment